Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 2003
- Comics of the New Europe: Reflections and Intersections. Edited by Martha Kuhlman and José Alaniz. Leuven University Press, 2020.
- Uncanny Bodies: Superhero Comics and Disability. Edited by Scott T. Smith and José Alaniz. Penn State University Press, 2019.
- José Alaniz. Death, Disability, and the Superhero: The Silver Age and Beyond. University Press of Mississippi: 2014.
- José Alaniz, trans. "The Sugar Disease" by Viktor Puchkov. Glas: New Russian Writing 47. 2010.
- José Alaniz. Komiks: Comic Art in Russia. University Press of Mississippi: 2010.
Summer 2020 A-term
Summer 2019 A-term
Summer 2015 B-term
Summer 2014 B-term
Summer 2013 B-term
Summer 2011 A-term
Summer 2010 A-term
- Cinema DNA: The Elephant Man - January 29, 2019
- Cinema Dissection: Battleship Potemkin - October 30, 2018
- José Alaniz featured on The Whole U's Faculty Friday Spotlight - October 23, 2017
- Associate Professor Jose Alaniz reviews new Russian film - January 5, 2015
- New faculty publication: Death, Disability, and the Superhero: The Silver Age and Beyond - October 22, 2014
- José Alaniz to assume the directorship of the UW Disability Studies Program - April 17, 2014
- Jose Alaniz awarded a Smithsonian Latino Studies Fellowship - May 17, 2012
- Winter Q 2011 course C LIT 396C: History of Comics - December 6, 2010